Armory Site RFP is Out
The City of Sheboygan invites qualified developers and development teams to submit proposals for the redevelopment of the former Armory site located at 516 Broughton Drive., Sheboygan, Wisconsin. Through the development of the former Armory site, the city seeks to:
- Develop the 106,500 square foot (2.44 Acres) irregularly shaped site in such a manner as to link the future of Sheboygan’s downtown, lakefront, and riverfront with its rich historic past and current water-related activities.
- Develop Harbor Centre waterfront areas for public and private uses that will stimulate reinvestment in Sheboygan’s central business district while maximizing public access to Lake Michigan and the Sheboygan River.
- Establish Harbor Centre as a multi-use activity center for the community and the region, including recreational, residential, retail, office, service, cultural, and educational.
- Leverage the close proximity of the site to Lake Michigan, Sheboygan’s Downtown, and The South Pier District to maximize the absolute best use of the property.
- Project summary including purchase price, description of proposed development project and market assumptions to justify need for project
- Conceptual Site Plan & Renderings
- Biographies of project management staff & history of development firm
- High level proforma outlining sources and uses
- Timeframe/Phasing of proposed development
- Use and or variety of uses complements downtown Sheboygan
- Maximizes taxable value to the city
- Reasonable purchase price / lease rate to the city
- Proposers financial strength and ability to construct quickly
- High-quality design and construction