Dane Checolinski, EDFP
Dane Checolinski, a native of Neosho, WI, has been with the SCEDC since 2011. Previously he was the Economic Development Coordinator for the City of Marengo, Illinois. In Marengo Checolinski spearheaded a business incentive program and gained broad community support to help secure $14 million in capital investment and create over 50 jobs for a community of 7,500 residents during the heart of the recession.
Prior to working for the City of Marengo, Dane worked for several communities in south-eastern Wisconsin. Dane has a masters of public administration from Northern Illinois University. He received a bachelor’s degree from the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater where he met his wife, Katie.
He earned his way through college by serving the Army Corp of Engineers in the U.S. Army Reserves, landscaping and bartending. During his time in the Reserves, he served in Afghanistan where he constructed airport tarmacs, warehousing facilities, generator shelters, and maintenance garages. He left the Army Reserves in 2008 at the rank of Sergeant.
Dane lives in Sheboygan with his wife and children. They have an Australian Cattle Dog. He enjoys fishing and camping, preferably in places where cell phones do not have reception.
Dane is a member of:
- Veterans of Foreign Wars (VFW)
- Commercial Association of REALTORS® Wisconsin (CARW)
- International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC)
- Wisconsin Economic Development Association (WEDA)
- Northeastern Wisconsin Regional Economic Partnership (NEWREP)
Dane is on the following committees and boards:
- Sheboygan County Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors
- Family Resource Center Board of Directors